Friday, July 30, 2010

A lake and a castle



My uncle Leonides and my godfather Moses took us around the island to help us find some more locations. The first place that we went was a lake near the center of the island that fit my memory and the script perfectly.

Afterwards we headed to the south of the island, where Leonides was born. We saw some nice towns over there, then continued our trek to find the main location for the film.

In the movie, the place where the main character stays in is supposed to be a modest old abandoned town. This has proven to be difficult to find. The main problem being that although we see many modest abandoned old houses, we also see a newer house right next door. This makes it easier very difficult for the audience to believe that someone could live there anonymously.

This brings me to the second to last picture. Although, the house pictured is far from modest, it fits almost all other criteria for our film. I had seen the house a few days earlier when we were fishing near Sao Mateos and had not thought much of it. But, as we were driving back from our trek around the island we passed by Sao Mateos and the house came to mind. I asked my uncle to take me to that house and we looked around. We loved it.

We will continue our search for alternative locations, but for the time being, that house is our leading candidate.

The last picture comes from the end of our journey and as anyone who has ever held a camera in their hand before would tell you, you never let a sunset go to waste.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments: